Wednesday, July 8, 2009

To "tweet" or not to tweet...


I remember way back 2007 or early 2008, I got an invitation request from a friend to sign-up for a Twitter account. I was only a "Friendster-user" back then (eewww, jologs..hahaha). I'm really not into such social networking sites before, until I learned about Facebook & decided to make the big switch from FS to FB :)


But now, Twitter is really gaining popularity in the world-wide web. It now ranks 16th according to Alexa's Top 500 Global Sites (with Google, Yahoo, YouTube, Facebook, and Windows Live dominating the TOP 5). Twitter is sometimes called "the SMS of the Internet". I'm still quite unfamiliar with what Twitter can actually do. Believe it not, I just signed-up today for a Twitter account and just posted my very-first tweet! hahaha. I was just helping out my officemate with her Social Media Marketing tasks, and now I'm curious what's the buzz about this whole Twitter thingy. I found this video in YouTube that explains what Twitter is all about in layman's terms.




So, do I really have to "tweet"?

No comments: